It was occasion to add new practical skills to portfolio, challenge creative thinking and build with us new solutions for the whole university community! Masterclass Workshops on Community Building organised as a part of the international project UNICOMM was the unique initiative in which students could learn, develop skills and co-create the results. Read about the project and meet our wonderful team ready to develop the university together!
Why was it worth participating in?
- Participants gained and developed skills, such as teamwork, effective communication, creative thinking.
- Participants learned how to be a leader of student initiatives and how to support others in team as well as themself.
- Participants worked in a diverse team with experienced trainers and facilitators.
- Participants developed knowledge of study-work-life balance and mental self-care in challenging and complicated reality.
- They co-created international, Erasmus+ project and participated in results that will serve academic institutions across Europe.
After successful completion of the 30 hours of masterclass participants could receive:
- Personalised recommendation letter from the VC UW Managing Director
- Certificate of participation in international project UNICOMM
- Contribution as an author in the publication on university community building published under the UNICOMM Project brand
- Gift package from the University
Masterclass themes agenda
- October 21st
Team Building and Cooperation workshops
Occasion to get to know each other better, but not only! We also learned how to cooperate and create a solid basis and good atmosphere for further effective work.
- November 9th
Part of the masterclass devoted to the institutional organisation and how the university addresses the needs of students. It was time to think about the sense of the agency towards shaping and developing the university’s community. Participants met experienced active students who discussed how to combine active participation with other obligations in students life.
- October 25th (online)
- November 15th (online)
Skills development workshops: Nonviolent communication (NVC)
- November 21th
Skills development workshops: Selfcare and digital hygiene in the context of student life and participation
- December 5th
Finding solutions workshops
During the last workshops, participants took on the role of experts and looked for solutions for creating open and friendly “spaces” for engagement and participation in higher education institutions.
At the end, Masterclass participants will be able to get involved in creating a publication summarizing this stage of the project. The work is scheduled for January and will take place online.
The profile of masterclass’ participant
- Current UW students (both Polish and international)
- Engaged and ready to be an active participant in a long-term project
- Open and want to gain new knowledge
- People who want to create an inclusive and active UW community
Masterclass Trainers and Experts
Click on the selected photo and get to know our experts and trainers better.
Masterclass Participants – Project Team
Click on the selected photo and get to know our participants better.
Our masterclass program is based on a detailed analysis of the needs of students of European universities. It is the result of an international survey in which almost 500 students studying at over 20 universities in Europe took part!
If you are interested, check our report: https://wolontariat.uw.edu.pl/unicomm-report/
Unicomm Project is co-funded by the European Union
University Of Warsaw (Volunteer Centre of the University of Warsaw)
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
- Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic
- European Students’ Union, Belgium
Follow UNICOMM and don’t miss other project activities